EPA has developed an XML reporting schema that allows facilities to upload their greenhouse gas (GHG) data directly in lieu of using the web forms provided through the Electronic Greenhouse Gas Reporting Tool (e-GGRT).
Starting in mid-February 2023, the e-GGRT XML Schema Version 13.2 must be used for any XML-based reporting (RY2017 through RY2022). e-GGRT XML Schema v13.2 is paired with the IVT Inputs XML Schema Version v4.0 (unchanged for RY2021) which defines requirements for inputs files submitted in XML format. For XML documentation specific to Subpart W please refer to Subpart W XML Reporting Help
- e-GGRT XML Reporting Schema RY2022 - v13.2 (zip, 02/07/2023) (237k)
- IVT Inputs XML Schema RY2021 - v4.0 (zip, 12/1/2021) (36k)
Until mid-February 2023, XML-based submissions should be formatted based on Version v12.0 of the schema. This version of the schema and related XML reporting instructions can be found at Archived XML Reporting Instructions.
Annual Report XML Reporting Instructions
- Subpart A XML Reporting Instructions for RY2022 (pdf, 12/12/2022) (1,742K)
- Subpart C XML Reporting Instructions (pdf, RY2021 version applicable) (2,841K)
- Subpart D XML Reporting Instructions (pdf, RY2018 version applicable) (502K)
- Subpart W XML Reporting Help Page
- Subpart X XML Reporting Instructions (pdf, RY2021 version applicable) (2,246K)
- Subpart HH XML Reporting Instructions (pdf, 2019 version applicable) (1,163K)
- Subpart MM XML Reporting Instructions (pdf, RY2017 version applicable) (726K)
- Subpart NN XML Reporting Instructions (pdf, RY2019 version applicable) (1,081K)
- Subpart PP XML Reporting Instructions (pdf, RY2021 version applicable) (1,703K)
IVT XML Reporting Instructions
- Subpart C IVT XML Instructions (pdf, RY2017 version applicable) (696K)
- Subpart X IVT XML Instructions (pdf, RY2017 version applicable) (812K)
In addition EPA is providing the following supporting materials:
- For a complete list of all GWPs and the years that they apply see: e-GGRT Global Warming Potentials
- A list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) concerning e-GGRT XML Reporting can be found here: http://www.ccdsupport.com/confluence/display/faq/XML+Reporting.
- A list of critical validation errors which prevent XML reports from being certified and submitted along with strategies for resolving these issues an be found at XML Upload Critical Errors .
- A small portfolio of example XML packages for Subparts G, V, II, and TT is provided on our Other XML Reporting Examples Page.
- An archive of RY2016, RY2017, RY2018, RY2019 and RY2020 XML reporting instructions can be found at Archived XML Reporting Instructions.
- For a list of known issues affecting the RY21 XML schema and XML submissions please click this link