E-GGRT Terms and Conditions
The access and use of e-GGRT and Central Data Exchange (CDX) registration for the electronic submittal of environmental information requires the creation of a user ID and password that I must maintain and keep confidential. I will review the following steps concerning the creation and maintenance of a user ID and password.
EPA's Central Data Exchange is part of a United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) computer system, which is for authorized use only. Unauthorized access or use of this computer system may subject violators to criminal, civil, and/or administrative action. All information on this computer system may be monitored, recorded, read, copied, and disclosed by and to authorized personnel for official purposes, including law enforcement. Access or use of this computer system by any person, whether authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to these terms.
Choosing a CDX Password
For CDX registration purposes, I agree to select a password which will not be easily guessed (e.g., my name, my children's names, birthdays, etc.).
This password will be at least eight characters long and contain a mix of letters and numbers.
Protecting my CDX Password
I agree to protect my CDX password.
I will not divulge my password to any other individual; I will not store it in an unprotected location; and I will not allow it to be written into computer scripts to achieve automated login.
Limited CDX Software Distribution
Any distribution of software provided by the Environmental Protection Agency's Central Data Exchange shall be handled according to any defined license practices.
CDX provides tools which contains FIPS-validated RSA BSAFE Crypto-J which is classified under Export Commodity Classification Number (ECCN) 5D002 "Encryption Software" referenced under CCATS G059799. This product is eligible for license exception ENC under Sections 740.17 (A) and (B) (2) of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The exportation of this item classified by the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) as 5D002 "Unrestricted" to foreign subsidiaries of US companies is permitted under this license exception ("ENC "Encryption"). This license exception does not apply to the embargoed nations of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria or any parties found on the various government denial lists including the Department of Commerce Denied Parties List. For additional information and guidance regarding your use of this product, please refer to the United States' standard regulations for encryption at http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/pdf/740.pdf
Actions to take if my CDX Account has been Compromised
If I have determined that my CDX account has become compromised, I agree to contact the CDX Technical Support staff at 1-888-890-1995 as soon as possible.
Terminating my CDX Account
I agree to notify CDX within ten working days if my duties change and I no longer need to interact with the CDX on behalf of my organization. I agree to make this notification via either the CDX web interface or by notifying the CDX Technical Support staff at 1-888-890-1995. This notification will allow CDX to deactivate my account and protect it from potential abuse by others.
Paperwork Reduction Act Burden Statement
OMB Number: 2025-0003. Expiration Date: July 31, 2018. The public reporting and recordkeeping burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 0.69 hours per response.
Send comments on the Agency's need for this information, the accuracy of the provided burden estimates, and any suggested methods for minimizing respondent burden, including through the use of automated collection techniques to the Director, Collection Strategies Division, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (2822T), 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, D.C. 20460. Include the OMB control number in any correspondence.
Electronic Signature AgreementThe electronic submittal of information to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires the creation and maintenance of a CDX user account. I have reviewed and agree to the following conditions for the access and use of my account.
- I understand and agree that I will be held as legally bound, obligated, or responsible for any electronically signed submission I make as I would be by making such submission in hardcopy form with my handwritten signature;
- I agree to maintain an email account. If any email sent to me by EPA is returned as undeliverable, I will explain why this occurred when requested by EPA;
- I agree to protect my user name and password from use by anyone except me. I will not divulge or delegate my user name or password to any other individual. I will not store my password in an unprotected location and I will not allow my password to be written into computer scripts to achieve automated login;
- I agree to contact the EPA as soon as possible after suspecting or determining that my user name and password have become lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised, or of any other security incidents; and
- I agree not to attempt to view, change, or delete data unless I have the authorization to do so. I agree to behave in an ethical and trustworthy manner and to be alert to threats to applications and data.