Q224. For the Environmental Mgr to become the Designated Representative (DR) does he or she need a formal letter from the facility owners? Does that letter need be submitted with the signature page?

A224. As noted in the certification statement in 40 CFR 98.4, the DR must have a binding legal agreement with the owners and operators of the facility or supplier. Unless otherwise required by the Administrator, the DR will not submit the documents of agreement to the EPA.

Updated on

This web site is maintained by a contractor to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (RY2021.R.02)