Q758. My facility does not have a physical street address. How do I report my latitude and longitude to EPA?
A758. A recreational-grade GPS system provides this level of accuracy. Alternately, you may use an online satellite view such as Google maps, by zooming in, right-clicking on your facility and selecting “What's Here?” The search text box will display the “latitude, longitude” coordinates for the selected location. If your facility does not have a physical street address, you are required to provide a latitude and longitude representing the center point of facility operations in decimal degree format in the latitude and longitude fields on the "Facility or Supplier Information" page (for new facilities) or on the "Facility Profile" page (for existing facilities). This must be provided in decimal degrees to at least four digits to the right of the decimal. EPA requests the coordinates be consistent with reference datum World Geodic System of 1984 (WGS84) (versus NAD83) when available. This guidance is consistent with EPA’s standards for latitude and longitude data found here: http://www.exchangenetwork.net/standards/lat_long_standard_08_11_2006_final.pdf
Note: coordinates should be submitted in decimal degree format; in this format minutes and seconds are represented as a decimal fraction of one degree. Therefore, coordinates containing degrees, minutes, and seconds must first be converted using this formula (or using conversion tools freely accessible online):
decimal degrees = degrees + (minutes / 60) + (seconds / 3600)
Example conversion to decimal degrees representation of latitude:
39 degrees, 15 minutes, 25 seconds = 39 + (15 / 60) + (25 / 3600) = 39.2569 degrees
Once you have determined the latitude and longitude to report, follow the steps below to revise your certificate of representation and submit your latitude and longitude to EPA. Only the Designated Representative (DR) or Alternate Designated Representative (ADR) for the facility may make changes to the facility or supplier profile using the Facility Management tab (see steps below). The DR or ADR may refer to Facility Management and Reporting Latitude and Longitude for more information.
1. Login to e-GGRT at https://ghgreporting.epa.gov
2. Click the Facility Management Tab
3. Click on the facility name.
4. Click on the EDIT button in the Facility Profile section.
5. If the “Latitude” and “Longitude” fields are displayed, skip to step 7.
6. If the “Latitude” and “Longitude” fields are not displayed, click the “No Street Address, use Latitude/Longitude” checkbox. Proceed to step 7.
7. Update the information and click the SAVE button.
8. The updated Certificate of Representation (COR) will appear.
9. Enter your e-GGRT password and click the SUBMIT button.
10. Enter the answer to the challenge question and click the SUBMIT button.
11. You will be returned to your e-GGRT home page. The process is complete.