Subpart Y. Petroleum Refineries
- Q123. For petroleum refineries, which subpart should be followed for flare calculations? Section 98.252(a) says to use Subpart C. However, section 98.253(b) specifies a method for flares.
- Q342. Are you required to submit information for all of the "facility-level emissions" categories within Subpart Y, even if no emissions exist for some categories?
- Q345. For storage tank emissions reported in Subpart Y, do you enter aggregate emissions or emissions on a tank-by-tank basis?
- Q656. My fluidized catalytic cracking unit (FCCU) is monitored by a CEMs. How should those emissions be reported?
- Q700. Should material vented to a flare on a daily or otherwise frequent basis due to the cyclic operation of certain units be considered a startup, shutdown, or malfunction (SSM) event in Equation Y-3?
- Q702. For a startup, shutdown, or malfunction (SSM) event lasting several days, should the flare flow term in Equation Y-3 include the cumulative flow for the entire event or only for the day(s) during which the 500,000 scf per day threshold was exceeded?
- Q701. In Equation Y-3, startup, shutdown, or malfunction (SSM) events exceeding 500,000 standard cubic feet per day (scf per day) must be reported. What time period and flare gas volume should be used to assess if this threshold was exceeded?