Subpart DD. Electrical Transmission and Distribution Equipment Use
- Q629. To what extent does a subpart DD facility include potential subpart C sources located in the same physical structure? Would it include sources using natural gas for comfort heating in warehouses and office complexes on the electric power system?
- Q641. Our utility owns power plants that are subject to Part 98 subpart D and 100-150 substations. Do we report SF6 and PFC emissions under subpart DD as a separate facility or together?
- Q642. Our facility owns SF6- or PFC-containing equipment, but we are not an electric power transmission or distribution entity as defined in 98.308. Are we required to report emissions under subpart DD?
- Q643. Should we report the SF6 and PFC emissions from a substation located at a power plant subject to subpart D under subpart DD? If so, would the SF6 and PFC emissions be reported under the same report as the subpart D emissions or as a separate report?
- Q644. At what point during the year does the reporting threshold apply for subpart DD?
- Q646. Our facility has SF6 gas cylinders. Do we include those in reporting under subpart DD?
- Q649. Do we include the quantity of SF6 contained in hermetically sealed equipment when determining applicability under subpart DD?
- Q831. Can “hermetically sealed-pressure switchgear” under Subpart DD in 40 CFR Part 98 be interpreted consistently with the definitions of “hermetically sealed gas-insulated switchgear” adopted by the Massachusetts and the California?